Why 'Let your Light Shine?'
Vision, Aims and Ethos
'Let your Light Shine'
At William Westley school we strive for excellence in all we do by:
- Valuing the uniqueness of every child.
- Providing the highest quality teaching and learning, through a creative and challenging curriculum.
- Creating an environment where children will thrive.
- Valuing and celebrating the efforts of each child in order to develop their self-esteem.
- Developing constructive and supportive partnerships between home, school, the church and the wider community.
We encourage children to:
- Develop an enquiring mind and a desire for knowledge.
- Persevere and enjoy a challenge.
- Approach learning with excitement, curiosity and creativity.
- Show respect for themselves, others and their environment.
- To learn and work independently and collaboratively.
- Develop as honest, caring and thoughtful people with the courage to act upon their beliefs.
- Develop a clear sense of themselves as members of our community and develop an understanding of the attitudes of others.