Special Educational Needs
Special Educational Needs
William Westley aims to be an inclusive school that caters for the needs of all children.
Our approach to meeting the needs of children with special educational needs and disability helps us to meet important school aims:
- To identify, at the earliest possible opportunity, barriers to learning and participation for pupils with SENDV (Special Educational Needs, Disabilities and Vulnerable); (see also curriculum and assessment policies)
- To ensure that every child experiences success in their learning and achieves the highest possible standard
- To enable all children to participate in lessons fully and effectively
- To value and encourage the contribution of all children to the life of the school
- To work in partnership with parents
- To work with the Governing Body to enable them to fulfil their statutory monitoring role with regard to the Policy Statement for SEN
- To work closely with external support agencies, where appropriate, to support the need of individual pupils
- To ensure that all staff have access to training and advice to support quality teaching and learning for all pupils
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Report
All schools are required to publish a Special Educational Need and Disabilities Information Report on their school website. This sets out, in detail, information about the implementation of the governing body's policy for pupils with SEN. It includes arrangements for identifying, assessing and making provision for pupils with SEN.
Please click on the link below for a copy of our SEND Policy and Information Report.
The Local Offer
Local Authorities (LA) and schools are required to publish and keep under review information about services they expect to be available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) aged 0-25. The LA refer to this as the 'Local Offer'. The intention of the Local Offer is to improve choice and transparency for families. It will also be an important resource for parents in understanding the range of services and provision in the local area.
Cambridgeshire county council has published their ‘local offer’ making clear which services are available for children with SEN locally. Please click the following link to view Cambridgeshire's Local Offer.
You may also find these documents useful:
As an inclusive school, we believe that every child is unique and brings their own strengths, experiences and qualities. We aim to meet the needs of all pupils, including our pupils with special educational needs or disabilities. We have devised the following Padlet to support our families and learners, but this could be applied to all learners in our school.